Monday, January 16, 2017

The 2016 Election

I've had 4 different flights since the election and sat by the most interesting people. The first man had worked for Secretary Clinton's campaign. He wept as he told me of his sorrow with the election results. As he processed this loss he spoke of his faith in the American people to come together. We had a lovely conversation.

I next met a man originally from Nigeria who had immigrated to Chicago before moving to Houston. He had met a young man there by the name of Barak Obama and had thought, "He's going places." By the time Mr. Obama ran for president this man was a citizen and was thrilled to vote for his Chicago friend. He then said, "I voted for Mr. Trump this time. My biggest reason was Obamacare." He also said, "I know this country will heal. It's America."

Last of all I met a woman whose husband works for the FBI. She too spoke of the greatness of the American people.
I came away from all three conversations full of hope.
"This nation shall endure."
Ezra T. Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment